One September Day

Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Memory that will be there forever...

There is a place in every mother's heart for each of her children.  A place all it's own.
This weekend, I cherish a special place in my soul, my heart, and my memory...


15 years ago, the Lord placed in my arms, TWO very special gifts.
The same in every way.  Two baby boys born the same day.
within the same hour, and with the same purpose.
To bring me closer to my Lord and Savior.
The Same God that gave me those beautiful, identical twin boys, is now holding them in Heaven,, Safe in His Care.


He took them home that day.  My heart was wrenched in two the moment I knew they were not mine to raise.
My trust in God's perfect plan was reminding me of the reason,
but my mother's heart ached an empty cavern for the little babies that we washed so tenderly, and had to say good-bye to.


There are many that have a deep crevice of loss on their heart. It may be the loss of a baby, or a spouse, a child or someone close.
The Lord Heals.
He promises us that He will never leave us not forsake us.
Cast your cares on Him.. for He cares for you... I know this.. He tells us in His Word, and He has.


It was a beautiful gift that the Lord in Heaven gave Dan and I when we held our dear and precious boys. 
 There hands so tiny.. their little faces resembling what we see each time we have had another baby.  Looking just like our other children.
The moments in time like these... are frozen for the memory becomes so strong in our hearts.
Purposely preserved for the comfort of our empty arms.


There is healing in  time... in the Lord.
I do not wallow in grief,, I do not drown in sadness.
Just the opposite.. now.. not then...
I praise the ONE who gave my boys their lives..
and gave them to me.


15 years of boyhood would be to their gain today...
but rather my loss is my Heavenly Father's great gain.
They can spend their time in worship to Him,
and I will praise Him for the time I had to carry them, hold them, and breathe sweet mothers words into their ears.
I love the Lord my God with all my heart, and all my soul, and with all my strength.


Remembering every tiny detail of my Luke and Aaron.
15 years this weekend.. I handed them back to the One who let me have a forever memory embedded in my mother's heart.

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At July 24, 2011 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

    I am sure that they are smiling down on their beautiful mama from heaven. Praise God that you will one day see them again! {{hugs}}

     
  • At July 25, 2011 at 12:17 AM , Blogger BARBIE said...

    I just know that are living it up with Jesus, dancing on streets of gold. Praying you are comforted today.

     
  • At July 25, 2011 at 2:31 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I'm full of those same emotions today. So grateful for all my children - all blessings. So grateful for the healing of my heart when I wasn't allowed to keep some of them. So grateful that I will see my children again. So grateful those children live joyfully in the presence of Almighty God!

    Em, I'm so grateful for you too and will go to sleep praying for perfect joy and peace in your heart as you remember your identical twin boys - Luke and Aaron ... that you were blessed with 15 years ago... who entered so quickly into the arms of Jesus.

    Love to you.
    Lynnette

     
  • At July 25, 2011 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Linda said...

    I know you will always remember Luke and Aaron, and hold a place in your heart just for them. That's how we feel about our sweet little ones who have gone on to heaven before us. Won't it be wonderful to be reunited with them for all of eternity!!!

    The beauty and strength in the Lord that radiates from you is a result of all you have been through sweet September. You are the Lord's vessel...the clay in the Potter's hands. You have so much to share with others.

    The joy of the Lord radiates from you. You and Lynnette have so much in common. You have both gone through so much...and yet you both have been blessed with such wonderful children!

    The Lord is using you in a great way to encourage others.

    I love you!
    Momma Linda

     
  • At July 25, 2011 at 5:49 PM , Blogger Holly said...

    Much love to you September as you remember your boys Luke and Aaron. ♥♥♥

     
  • At July 25, 2011 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Mattie said...

    Sending you love today as you remember your sweet boys...

     
  • At July 27, 2011 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

    Oh girl ...

    No words. Just ... no words here.

     
  • At July 29, 2011 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Cathy Kennedy said...

    Your blog posts always lift my heart up. What a witness you are for others! I cannot imagine the sorrow to give back to the Lord a child(ren), but we know we have the promise of one day seeing those we love again. God bless you for this sweet post.

    Kindly visit my blog post, I have something waiting for you. =D
    Check it out….
    Did You Know I’m Sweet?

    Your friend,
    Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
    The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home