One September Day

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A KOMBUCHA Education- Healthy Living

Ever hear of Kombucha Tea?

Kombucha is a fermented tea made with a kombucha starter culture (aka mushroom, mother, scoby, etc.), tea prepared with sugar and some kombucha tea from a previous batch (aka starter tea).  The mixture is allowed to ferment at room temperature for 5-30+ days.  It can be consumed plain or with added flavoring such as fruit or juice.  Kombucha contains a number of vitamins (particularly b-vitamins) and may have a number of health benefits. 


( This blog is not a health-advisor, and does not claim to prescribe what is best for each individuals health.  Research this before deciding if it is best for you.)  



Follow the Journey here as we have Introduced new and healthy alternatives through the years.
A slow and systematic approach to any change is best, and I will Journal about the different changes we have made.

Here is our newest Tea.. perhaps you already drink this?
Perhaps you make your own?

Here is a great web site, packed full of information that will help answer your questions about Kombucha Tea.
Be sure to click on the link if you have any questions...
All Your Kombucha Tea Questions answered here... Click to read!

You can also purchase this in the store, but it is better and more economical to make your own.



And the adventure begins...
See below for a few resources on Starter Kits for your own Tea making pleasure!

Kombucha Tea Starter Kit Here...


How to Video On Making your Own Tea

Printable PDF. for Kombucha Tea Instructions

Join me in this New Adventure?
I will post and share some of the other beneficial changes we have made for our family over the years...
but this is the most current.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At July 7, 2011 at 12:51 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Hi September...I love Kombucha! I have never made it...but I have some at Lynnette's house sometimes...and I buy it. My favorite is grape. But I have had it plain too...and oh yes, I like cranberry. (smile)

    This video and info was helpful. I may even make it someday!

    Thanks!

    Love, Linda

     
  • At September 8, 2011 at 10:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love exotic juices. They are the healthy alternatives to mainstream juices. I will try this tomorrow.
    supplements canada

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home