One September Day

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Romanticism

Yep...

  Ten (10) children later, and all of the romanticism of newborns has still taken hold.

~Am I enjoying the colicky baby that I have this time?


~Am I loving the lack of sleep and slumber,, the cranky moods that I find myself in just about every day?


~Does my housework seem to be left by the way side.. piling up?


~Have I considered hiring someone to hold, walk, and calm my screaming baby.. so that I can hug my other little ones?


~Do I feel as if time is fleeting by, while I walk, and walk, and cry my tears with my colicky baby?

YES,,, to all of the above.

And the romanticism of a newborn...
the coos, the snuggles, and the warm face against my cheek when she sleeps?
Still there.
Yep..
I love my newborn..
Just praying that I will get through this time with some sanity left, and an ability to catch up on lost time with the rest of my life.




Don't let the smiles fool you.... these are the only smiling pictures we could grab in 2 1/2 months.

Sorry to be missing in action so long,,
maybe this will be the road back to blogging for me.
We will see.

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • At May 17, 2011 at 6:53 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Colic isn't fun...for sure...but oh what a darling baby girl!!!!

    Loved seeing a blog post from you September!

    Praying the colic will end soon.

    Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

     
  • At May 18, 2011 at 6:38 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Oh, my dear. Both our girls had colic. I've been there. It really does end - although in the middle of those months it seems never ending.

    Prayers for you and your darling baby girl during this time.

    PS ~ we have smiling girls all the time now :)

     
  • At May 18, 2011 at 9:30 AM , Blogger Karen said...

    Bless your heart! Sending Prayers your way! I had 2 with colic and know that it is NO fun! She is beautiful baby! Praying the colic will go away VERY soon and the a smiling face is the new normal!

     
  • At May 18, 2011 at 10:14 AM , Blogger Joanne said...

    My dear September, you are having a very difficult time right now with your beautiful baby. She will outgrow the colic soon, we pray. Been there many years ago. Will be praying for you as you go day by day trusting the Lord for grace and strength. Wish I lived close so I could help you out. Love babies and would love to hold yours. Joanne

     
  • At May 19, 2011 at 12:41 AM , Blogger Caroline said...

    Saying prayers for you and hoping she grows out of it soon. I never had a baby w/it but I have friends that have.
    Take care & Miss you

     
  • At May 19, 2011 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Beth Gibbs said...

    Praying for strength and patience for you, Dan, and the rest of your precious family. God will provide everything you ALL need :) She is such a beautiful blessing! It reminds me of the song, "Blessings" by Laura Story...

     
  • At May 19, 2011 at 10:49 PM , Blogger Kami said...

    September!

    It is so very wonderful to hear from you. It's definitely not easy to enjoy your days when your sweet baby is still crying. I will pray for an extra special blessing of understanding and abundant patience for you as you walk through each and every day.

    Love to you!

     
  • At May 19, 2011 at 11:29 PM , Blogger Coby said...

    She's just beautiful! Praying for your strength in this season!

     
  • At May 22, 2011 at 12:22 AM , Blogger Holly said...

    Oh gosh, I'm sure there have been hard times! Hoping that the colic gets better. Sure do love that smile so I hope it comes around for you more.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home