One September Day

Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Homeschooling Day

Setting aside Books, Pencils and Schedules once in a while (or more)  ..
Is one of the great benefits to Homeschooling..
Trading time on occasion for a Hands - on- learning approach...
we love to learn new things.


We had a special gal come over and work with the girls on crochet basics.  The time went by so quickly, and the girls absolutely loved being book free this day...
Our helper was the most patient and gracious giver of her time to help us, and now the girls are able to make wash cloths, and are eager to " try their hand" at more projects!






And,,, while we were working with yarn...
Ava and Maryahna decided to do their Handwriting...
on....


My Antique Stand in the Dining Room!!!!!

Free time comes with its draw backs...
at least they spelled their names correctly!


Music is another Home school Basic in our Home... Something we hear all day long!
We have 5 piano players,,1 flute, 2 violin, Recorder,and Voice... So far!
So, you can only imagine how many hours there is music streaming through this home with practicing!
Love it!



Here are a few Homeschool Links for those that like to try something new:






Free homeschool resources


TheHomeSchoolMom.com - Encouragement and support for homeschool moms

Just Click the Buttons to take you to these sites...

and in the meantime...
Take a walk away from your routine...
find a "new normal" for a day..
We do,,,
and it so refreshing!





Word of Advice: 
  If you have any chocolate laying around, and you are a little pre-occupied with your "new normal,"...
Beware of the little hands that know you are busy!



Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At April 28, 2011 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Loved this-we have had a few days like this the last two weeks, seems things got so crazy we weren't able to really sit down and do work out of our books, but it has been good. I heard a testimony from a mom that came home and found where her child had drawn and written on her newly painted walls-I love you mom. When the the child found it he was all too excited to tattle when mom got home-she was angry so she didn't stop to see what the little girl had drawn or written instead ran up the stairs to scold the child for what she had done. Upon coming down the stairs and seeing what actually seeing what she had done-she started to cry and went and got a picture frame and took out the glass and hung the frame on the wall around the artwork and writing of "Mommy I love you" she never painted over it. It still hangs on the wall over the area today where her now grown daughter once drew for her mother a priceless treasure. I try to remember these words when my children do the writing on a dresser or nite stand of wall something that one day I may actually miss-when the quiet in my house will almost be unbearable to stand.
    Hoping for a blessed day for you all today-free of writing on furniture. :) What a precious baby girl-my mom has pictures of me eating a chocolate bunny just like this-sooooo cute.
    Hugs-
    Jill

     
  • At April 28, 2011 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Nice to see they are getting a well rounded education! (:>)

    Love you!
    Linda

     
  • At April 28, 2011 at 2:30 PM , Blogger Verna said...

    Learning to crochet at a early age has lots of advantages. My sister was left handed and I am right handed. She handed me the learn how book and said I would have to learn for myself. I am so glad I learned, it has given me hours of fun time not only for myself but in making and giving away gifts. (I even set up a seperate blog on things I have made. Which includes more then just my crochet work, but also helps me remember things I have done in the past.)
    Love you.
    Verna

     
  • At April 29, 2011 at 7:02 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Oh, I LOVE that last picture :) I have learned early on that I can't turn my back for a moment on my 3 yr old - and her sister is starting to follow her lead!

    Looks like you all had a fun day!

     
  • At May 2, 2011 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Jenilee said...

    so much like our house this spring... lots of leftover easter candy hiding in the kitchen just waiting to be found, piano lessons and learning to knit... wish we could homeschool those days with our kids together! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home