One September Day

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Here a chick... There a chick.. Everywhere a...

Chick... chick!!

OK.. I will be the 1st to admit it..
Our family IS a little eccentric.
some would even go as far as to say...
VERY eccentric.

It is time to pace our order for baby chicks again.
We could incubate some eggs..
Maybe we will again.
But for a large quantity of healthy meat chickens,.. that are fed organic feed, and are also free-range..
then.. we will order them in large quantities.

Egg-Layers are also great for ordering as well.

If you are able to consider raising some chickens,, and have a great spot for a healthy adventure like this..
Then..
WHY NOT!?

Here are some pictures of our chicken adventures..
ENJOY!


                                      A close-up shot of the Chicks after they arrive in the mail!
    
                                                      


Wheel-barrow Races  - I told you we were eccentric!



How many families find a chicken on their roof!   We do!!!



And leave it to Sarah.. to rescue the chickens off of the roof!


Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At April 6, 2011 at 9:30 PM , Blogger Verna said...

    Ha,ha. chickens on the roof.... ours never went on the roof that I remember, but I do remember raising chickens for eggs and for meat.

     
  • At April 7, 2011 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Do you know how much I love that post? HA! I love that post. You know weird and wonderful go together beautifully. Oh wait, I mean... eccentric.

    I want you to move to Kansas. I want to be able to come and help you get those chickens off of your roof. Sounds like a blast!! One time Truman, our trusty Golden Retriever, found his way to the roof of an old chicken house. ha! He followed something up there and didn't know how to get down. Imagine a 70 pound dog on a roof that was ready to cave in! Yikes! Funny though.

    Love you Em.
    Et

     
  • At April 8, 2011 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Cathy Kennedy said...

    I always loved the chicks my grandparents had when I was a little girl. We would chase after them in the yard trying to get our hands on one without any success. It's funny how seeing your little chick reminded me of that time. Thanks for a walk back in time. God bless!

    ~Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
    The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

    Check out…
    Confused? Annoyed? Me, too!
    What’s in Your Wallet?

     
  • At April 13, 2011 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Heather said...

    Love it!! We just got our first group of chickens...I guess it's our flock?? lol There are pictures on my blog. :) We have never done this before so if you have any tips...bring them on!!!

     
  • At April 15, 2011 at 11:06 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

    I was JUST thinking of you and your beautiful blog and low and behold, here you are in all your chickenie goodness! I love this post!!!! Yay for your daughter, for rescuing the chickens! Whew!

     
  • At April 16, 2011 at 9:39 AM , Blogger Jenilee said...

    how fun... Elayna was asking for chickens the other day. She wanted three, one for each of them. lol I'll show her your pictures! :)

     
  • At April 16, 2011 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Linda said...

    I have to laugh at the chickens on the roof! That was just too funny!

    You and Lynnette have so much in common. I am allergic to chickens...and even if I wasn't, I'm afraid of them...so ya wouldn't find me rescuing them from the roof! Ha!

    Life in the country is never dull huh? *smile*

    Love you,
    Linda

     
  • At April 16, 2011 at 8:07 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Ahhh....makes me miss home!! NO chickens where we are now, and even if we did have chickens, I think our dogs would make sure they got lots of exercise!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home