One September Day

Monday, March 14, 2011

When time stands still

Time is standing still...
  I am knowing this baby girl will arrive soon... my body is telling me that... every night.
The pain keeps me up for hours, and she is restless.
I am trying to be still.
Peace... He has given me peace.

While time stands still.. or so, it seems...
I have been capturing moments that I may have missed before...

-My daughter playing new songs on her guitar..

-My toddler snuggled in bed with me in the middle of the night with a cough.. rubbing my face and whispering to me.. "Mommy..."

-Warm, soapy dishwater on my girls hands as they take care of kitchen work

-My 6 year old son laying his head on my baby belly,, wrapping his arms around my widening waist , and asking me to rub his back

-God's amazing works in the book of Acts, and the wide-open acceptance of many at Paul's preaching

-Snow melting and the green grass poking through the patch that receives the little sunlight in our dense wooded land

-Memorizing Colossians, and understanding this Book even more

-Watching the last days of this baby girls movements in my stomach

-Seeing my Oldest son grow into decisions and amazing opportunities

-Knowing that my life has been blessed beyond what any list could encompass...
Just knowing this..
Is like time Standing Still.

Grateful for this time of waiting... it has been hard..
But it has been rewarding.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At March 14, 2011 at 8:16 PM , Blogger Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

    Your blog always touches me.....and the kids pictures make me smile

     
  • At March 14, 2011 at 10:09 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    Don't we all need to just be still.... Thanks for that reminder tonight as I prepare to sit down with a good Book. :-)

    Looking forward to "meeting" your baby girl!

    Love you,
    Angela

     
  • At March 14, 2011 at 11:00 PM , Anonymous martha Brady said...

    are you planning to go to relevant 11? i'm so excited. i was afraid you might not be there this year. :)

     
  • At March 15, 2011 at 1:36 PM , Blogger Cathy Kennedy said...

    Continuing to hold you dearly in my prayers, September. You're a remarkable woman, full of God's spirit. You're not only beautiful outwardly, but deep within. May God's blessings pour over your head and throughout your body, mind, and soul. I count the hours now until I read the splendid news of your little girl's long, awaited journey to your arms is fullfilled.

    God bless!
    ~Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
    The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

    Catch my blog post Poor Lisa Rinna!

     
  • At March 19, 2011 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Melanie Eccles said...

    you are SUCH an incredible inspiration to me, September. I will be in prayer for you and your sweet baby. May God bathe you in his peace, equip you with his strength, and cover you with his healing.

    My husband I are dreaming about our future children and stories like your, families like yours, inspire me and give me an even deeper desire for that gift.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home