One September Day

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Recipe Time- Many requests for this recipe!

I'm into sharing. Isn't sharing fun?
I thought that it would be fun to share this particular recipe because we get so much use and enjoyment out of it, and have been for years. It is a favorite for breakfasts around here, and I have been known to make it for dinner when the "meat lovers," won't be home for dinner!

You don't have to make the entire recipe .. if you don't have a large family, then just adapt it. and if you DO have quite a number of people to feed, then you are in luck.

So, here we go:

BAKED OATMEAL
Beat together:
2 c. Oil
2 c. Sugar
8 eggs
Then Add:
12 c. Quick Oats
2 Tablespoons AND 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
4 teaspoons salt
4 c. Milk
(raisins if you like)
Pour into a sprayed 16 x 10 pan and bake for 45 min. in a 350 oven.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THIS OATMEAL bakes in a pan... and then sliced into squares..
Pour over with COLD milk!
Mmmmmm!

ENJOY!!!
(If you half this recipe, you can make it in a 9 x 13 pan)
We use grapeseed oil, sea salt, and organic oats, our own brown eggs, and organic milk.
Be sure to use baking powder with OUT aluminum. ( Rumford brand is the one that we use.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





It is so yummy,,,, and it was so much fun sharing with you.
I just popped some on the oven!

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At July 22, 2009 at 10:45 PM , Blogger April said...

    Sounds real tasty!! I always loved putting syrup in my oatmeal, but I have never made it myself before.

    You should join our MckLinky Blog Hops on Tuesdays - this past tuesday was "our favorite recipes!", that was the day I did my give away too! :) But have no fear - there will be more LOL

    Glad to hear you are enjoying your summer!! The past few days here have been rainy, so during nap times - here is where you'll find me :)

     
  • At July 23, 2009 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Holly said...

    It sounds yummy! You could add so many different things to this and spice it up. :)

     
  • At July 23, 2009 at 2:13 PM , Blogger Drahdrah said...

    Sounds delicious. I think I might try it for breakfast tomorrow. Is it supposed to end up like a cake? I mean, do you cut it out in squares once it's done?

     
  • At July 27, 2009 at 12:53 PM , Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

    Stopping by to say hi and to let you know I finally answered your questions from June. They will post on Wednesday. I did them today in two parts, yours was on the second half.

    Oatmeal is yummy!

     
  • At July 28, 2009 at 10:41 AM , Blogger Kami said...

    This sounds really great! I do have a large family (though not quite as large as yours!) so we're always looking for quick ways to make breakfast more enjoyable than cold cereal. This sounds great .. I plan to try it out soon! :)

    It's been fun reading through your blog and getting to "know" you. You are clearly a woman after God's own heart - I admire that!

    I look forward to learning more about you and your beautiful family!

     
  • At August 9, 2011 at 2:04 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    came across this recipe two days ago and I just made my second batch of this yummy oatmeal!!! thanks so much for sharing. I did add vanilla extract to this second batch so it has a hint of vanilla....even better!!! :)

     
  • At August 10, 2011 at 2:59 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    I featured this recipe/your blog today!

    http://angelassewingforsanity.blogspot.com/2011/08/wednesdays-feature_10.html

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home