One September Day

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What will make me beautiful? I just had a baby!!

So, here we are again.... 9 months behind me.. ( literally)  :)
.. a sweet-smelling, awesomely unfathomable creation of perfection in my arms..
and a blessing of restored health...

I am blessed... beyond measure.

And then, I look in the mirror..
Well... actually, I have been avoiding that...
but the stretchy clothes,,, the lines of exhaustion marked under my eyes,, maybe permanent?
... and the shoes that are 1 size larger for my slowly shrinking feet...

Well, some times... I wonder.. What will make me beautiful?

Actually.... I just plain wonder if I will just look normal again... forget the beautiful.  :)
Because.. I just had a another baby!

So,, here is what I know.
And I will dwell on.. Whatsoever is lovely, Whatsoever is True...

But here it is....

What is on the outside is not what makes me beautiful.
The stretched skin...
Wrinkles of time..
Hidden grey strands...
Puffy fingers and toes...
These are not even ingredients of a beautiful woman.


The canvas of art that my Creator has molded..
the investment of His love..
the investment of His life...
The outpouring of His work IN ME.


THIS is BEAUTIFUL!!!

I will be obedient to investing time in His Word..
I will allow Him to do HIS WORK in me...
I will pray and praise Him for his commitment to me.

And then...
His magnificent plan..
His plan to make me BEAUTIFUL will shine ...
Even if I did just have a baby.

It is my prayer, that I will continue on this path...
Not in vain...
Not for vanity.

But searching and living for the ultimate beauty..
No artificial cover-ups..
No man-made plans to alter some outward appearance.

Beautiful for Him.
May we all have an outpouring of beauty...
HIS life in us.

Blessings to all you Beautiful Women!!

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At March 30, 2011 at 8:19 PM , Anonymous Wendy said...

    She makes me think of Matthew & Lydia :) They are all so cute!!

     
  • At March 31, 2011 at 7:47 AM , Blogger Heather said...

    Congratulations! You have a very beautiful baby. :)

     
  • At April 1, 2011 at 10:25 AM , Blogger BARBIE said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At April 1, 2011 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Abigail Kraft said...

    (HA! Blog design brain fart! Posted as Barbie! :P )

    :) You are so beautiful! Inside, and out. And praise God, when we don't feel like we look beautiful, He allows the imperishable beauty of his Spirit to shine through us!

    I loved this post. You're inspiring, Auntie Em. :) Sometimes, my momma and I will be chatting about how wonderful you are (yes, we do that sometimes), and she'll just stop in the middle and say, "I love her." You know...I love you, too! It's amazing how prayer, and common souls in Christ (kindred spirits) can be brought together, even when there are so many miles between us. :)

    Love,
    --Abigail

     
  • At April 1, 2011 at 2:33 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    She is beautiful - as is her momma, both inside and out! Congrats to your family on your new addition!

     
  • At April 2, 2011 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

    You are beautiful! =)

     
  • At April 4, 2011 at 1:02 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Sooo Beautiful! Both YOU...and that precious baby girl. I love this close up picture of her...and it feels like I could just reach out and take her in my arms.

    I want to kiss her sweet face!

    Thanking God on your behalf.

    Linda

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home