One September Day

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Tornado Safety

Tornado's never come this way...We live on a hill... in a small valley... and we always hear of the Tornado's...
but we never see their path of destruction.

Our surrounding area was touched by tornado touchdowns , and I am so thankful we are safe.

We took our kids to the basement... and my husband went upstairs to check the house, and returned back downstairs .. after hearing wind like he had never heard before...

We came back upstairs a little later,,, to a phone call..
My Father - n- law saying a Strong storm, must have hit ...by their home... down our road.
It actually hit AROUND their home... ALL around their home... leaving their home untouched.

Here is some pictures of the damage in the cemetery right next to their home...

and  1/4 mile down the road from our home.















Were you affected by the storm?
Thank you Lord for protecting us.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At May 4, 2011 at 9:51 PM , Blogger Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

    So thankful you are all okay!

     
  • At May 5, 2011 at 7:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Wow - such damage. So glad that you and your family were untouched!

     
  • At May 5, 2011 at 10:58 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    CRAZY!!! Wow!! That tree was HUGE! What a shame it had to go down. (We don't have many trees that size here.)
    Have a lovely day friend. Tell Audrey I enjoyed my morning greeting. :)
    Love,
    Lynnette

     
  • At May 5, 2011 at 6:34 PM , Blogger Cathy Kennedy said...

    Isn't it amazing how God protects us sometimes? I'm thankful you all are well. Our family has been protected from harm on many occasions and I owe this all to our Father's care. God bless!

     
  • At May 6, 2011 at 12:34 PM , Blogger Tiffany said...

    God's hand of protection was definitely on your family. Wow. Praising Him with you. The devastation from these storms is so heartbreaking.

    Your blog is just lovely.
    Be Blessed.
    ~Tiffany

     
  • At May 14, 2011 at 12:07 AM , Blogger Joyeful said...

    Praise God for His protection!! What an awesome praise report!

    Your blog is looking simply beautiful :) Love it!
    And thank you so much, September, for the prayers. They mean so much to me!! God is so good and His grace is more than sufficient for me.

    Oh and I wanted to share with you that I'm going to be homeschooling next year for the first time! Yeah!! I'm a little nervous about doing it with three little ones to be entertained while I teach my oldest, but I'm very excited :)

     
  • At May 24, 2011 at 4:11 PM , Blogger Verna said...

    Thank God that you are safe. My heart goes out to the people who have lost a lot. Loved ones and their places of abode.

    I know I prayed for safety. We live in our travel trailer. We rocked a bit, but nothing like we would have if the winds were as strong as those reported in that tornado.

    God is good!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home