One September Day

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Take time to be there

So many days seem to go by with busy chores, school, work and all of those things that may keep me from wanting to open my eyes in the morning.


Having a lot of free time in the middle of the night to feed the baby, and to be awake... keeps my mind turning and my heart praying for many.
I am thankful that the Lord gives me this quiet time... although, a little sleep would be nice too...
Prayer is a gift, a privilege, and the Lord wants us to come to Him.


During my time in the night of thinking and pondering, I re-hash the days, and the week to come.
I am so busy as a mom... doing the duties that keep a home running.. but, there comes a time, when we need to STOP...
LISTEN...
and
BE THERE.

Be there...
Holding our little ones
Hugging our spouse
Listening to our teens
Sitting and chatting with out interruption
Reading to our children
Singing along with their joyful noise
Reading the Word of God and Sharing the Good News with others

Take time to be there..
Put off the task before you.. is it really that important that it has to be done this second?

We only get just "One time around.."

Look around for what is really calling your name today...
and, Be there.







Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At May 3, 2011 at 10:32 AM , Blogger Kami said...

    This is a really wonderful reminder! I know that I go crazy with five kids in my house, I don't know how you manage to keep order with your crew! :) It is so important to stop and spend time with the kids, so thank you so much for this reminder!

     
  • At May 3, 2011 at 12:52 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Good Morning September!

    I agree with you so much...mothers should "be present"! I always tried to do that when my kids were little.

    Of course way back then I didn't homeschool...but if I had known about it...I sure would have done it, if at all possible. I love it that most of my grandkids have been able to be homeschooled.

    I think your children are all so beautiful. These pictures are just precious.

    The quiet moments in the middle of the night can be so inspiring. (Even though as a nursing mommy you could use your sleep!)

    I hope your day will be full of blessings.

    Love, Linda

     
  • At May 3, 2011 at 3:24 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

    So true Life is so fragile. Today matters so much.
    Beautiful post and pics.
    Love you friend.

     
  • At May 3, 2011 at 4:24 PM , Blogger Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

    Take the time to be there. YES. Beautiful reminder. Adorable photos! :)

     
  • At May 3, 2011 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I love that thought: to BE there.

    Wondefully simple - and so important!

     
  • At May 3, 2011 at 10:54 PM , Blogger Nicole said...

    Adroable, smiles and wind swept! I love the line about Listening to our teens I have a 15 yr old boy, 13 yr old girl and 6 yr old girl. It often slips by me to truly listen to the older 2 somedays. Thanks for the reminder!

     
  • At May 4, 2011 at 1:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Amen Em! STOPPING is SO IMPORTANT! It's so easy to get wrapped up in things. The true joys are found in ... stopping and taking notice.

    Those little girls of yours are absolutely precious!

    Congrats on the domain! YOWPAH!
    Off to bed!
    Finally.
    Love,
    Lynnette

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home