One September Day

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Just Sayin'...

Need some perspective right now perhaps?
 I can help...

Life these days is all but normal..
and because I blog..
well,
Thus...
I will share!

So, life after a newborn is all BUT glamorous!

~I now pack a change of clothes for me AND the baby when we leave the house...
~I catch a glimpse of my skinny  after-baby profile as we scoot through the store on a " Quick!  The baby is not crying.. let's run into the store" errand!
( Which ends up not being so QUICK...
...2 trips to the bathroom for diaper changes.. 
...finding tissues to clean up a trail of spit up that your baby has left behind...
...standing in the diaper aisle...
 ...trying to take in all of the new fangled baby items that have come out in the last 20 years of my having children!...
 you know... those types of things...)

any ways... back to my profile..
Umm..
WELL..maybe NOT!

~The day will come soon,, I hope,, where these maternity pants will either wear out,, or my body will not need to accommodate them.
Just sayin'!

Soo...
To the gym I go...
the treadmill, the elliptical..
and..
then..
my shirt reveals the not so typical sweat marks....
yep..
if you're a mom,,
you know what I am sayin'
I'm missing my baby and it almost time for her to eat.
So, enough said..

ONLY a mom..
in the gym..
with no spare shirt...
and honestly ..
at this point..
Just keep exercising.
Just sayin'!

My honey calls...
Dinner?
Laundry?
Cleared table of water coloring aftermath, school books, this mornings Cheerio Bowls..??

Nope.
Sorry, dear.
If you could just direct me to the bathroom,,, I will try and fit that in today.

And to TOP it all off...
the kids see a dead.. DEAD Turkey on our ROOF!
No one knows where in the world this came from,,,
How it got there..
or how it died!
It was all a big mystery, and everyone was questioning one another for answers.
It is amazing how many creative scenarios a family can come up with for a mystery like this!


Oh... and did I mention that our 90 chicks arrived in the mail this past week!?
The Post Office calls me on a SUNDAY,, and during the middle of Church services...
we have to drive to the Post Office for our peeps.
My husband is the song leader,,, and doesn't show up front for last song.
So, how do you explain this to a whole congregation...
You don't.
Yep...
Life is a great big surprise here every day...
but.. we are having fun!
Take it all in stride...
You gotta love it!
Just sayin'!






Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At May 25, 2011 at 6:25 PM , Anonymous Bonnie Forrest said...

    Enjoy your brutally honest, funny, worn-out comments on life as a mom. Very encouraging, hopeful, cheerful. God bless. Maybe I should show up to hold that baby and give you a break! Love ya, Bonnie

     
  • At May 25, 2011 at 8:43 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Hi September...This post was just tellin' it like it is huh??? Ha! Motherhood in all it's glory! (:>)

    Bless your heart! Lynnette said the baby has had Colic too. I remember that that is not too much fun! I hope she is over that soon.

    You hang in there girl...Things will fall into a routine soon...and life will feel normal again!

    Love ya,
    Linda

     
  • At May 26, 2011 at 1:04 AM , Blogger Janet Rose said...

    If only every mom could do see life like you do...in all it's glory! God bless you and your family through many changes of clothes and diapers!

     
  • At May 26, 2011 at 2:25 AM , Blogger Caroline said...

    Great post and the great job of Motherhood.
    I know when I sometimes think I can't handle it all I think I'm so blessed Thank you God for my job being a Mom through all Life's Little Surprises.
    Take care

     
  • At May 26, 2011 at 7:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Just wonderful - I think you were describing some of my days!! Except for the turkey on the roof, that is!!

    Happy day to you!

     
  • At May 27, 2011 at 1:07 AM , Blogger Holly said...

    You just gotta take life as it comes! :) Curious as to how that turkey really got up there!

     
  • At May 29, 2011 at 9:16 PM , Blogger Jenilee said...

    what a day... what a life! :) I know you love every minute though... the good, the bad, the funny and the really funny parts! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home