One September Day

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Oh, How Beautiful!

"The beautiful design of nature itself shows us that a child grows inside of its mother's body hearing the specific sound of her voice, comforted by the beat of her heart, intimately connected to her very being.

Upon arrival into the world. the mother's arms are her first cradle, and the mother supplies the first food, comfort and security.
Because of the initmacy of that first relationship, the child's heart is naturally open to the mother.

Children automatically turn to their mother as their first source of protection, love, and spiritual, emotional, and mental support.

This is all part of the design of mother, child, and family as unfolded for us in the Bible -
a design that, from the beginning, 
God pronounced as very good."
- Quote from Book -
The MIssion of Motherhood / Touching Your Child's Heart for Eternity
 by Sally Clarkson



 One of the 2011 Choice Book Reads for One September Day
If you care to join me as we read through this book,
leave a comment.
For every one interested in this absolutely beautiful and helpful book,
I will be giving ONE away by January 13th.  If you would love to read this, and get in on the Book giveaway,, leave a comment.
Join the One September Day Book Read for 2011.



Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At January 4, 2011 at 6:45 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    I am planning to read this book this year, too! Perhaps I should get started so I can read along with you and your readers!

    I pray the final months of your pregnancy are going well!

    Love,
    Angela

     
  • At January 4, 2011 at 10:39 PM , Blogger Linda said...

    Enjoying your new look her September. Abigail Grace did a great job! (Spoken by a proud Grandma)

    I am amazed at the clarity of sonograms these days. So amazing!

    I hope your pregnancy is going well. John and I have been praying for you.

    These pictures of each of your kids on your sidebar are simply beautiful. Such a nice looking family.

    Happy New Year my friend,
    Linda

     
  • At January 4, 2011 at 11:31 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

    Praying for your pregnancy and it really sounds like a great book. I love your new look.

     
  • At January 5, 2011 at 12:00 AM , Blogger cooperkelly4 said...

    loving the new look of your blog!!! I would love to win this book. =0)

     
  • At January 5, 2011 at 10:07 AM , Blogger Michelle G said...

    It looks like a lovely book. Wisdom that not only I would enjoy but wisdom that I hope to pass to the next generation of mamas up and coming :)
    oh and as I always tell pregnant mammas - "take time rub the baby belly" it's such a great feeling and you actually DO miss it after they're here" :)

     
  • At January 5, 2011 at 4:54 PM , Anonymous Jennifer said...

    FOund it September! I have just finished a parenting book (SHeparding a child's heart) and am ready for another!

     
  • At January 10, 2011 at 3:33 PM , Blogger Kristen, pajama mama said...

    September! I'm always looking for books to add to my list to read-i will add this one now. I love the idea of reading it with you, too.

     
  • At January 10, 2011 at 3:34 PM , Blogger Kristen, pajama mama said...

    September! I'm always looking for books to add to my list to read-i will add this one now. I love the idea of reading it with you, too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home