One September Day

Monday, January 24, 2011

Close and Reflect .. Open and Refresh

There are many times in my day, that I find I need to do some closing.

Sometimes the sounds of life  are so deafening and overwhelming... I have learned that I need to just:

-Go in my room and CLOSE the door
-CLOSE my mind to negative thoughts
-CLOSE the book I am trying to read
-CLOSE my computer
-Keep the door to my heart CLOSED to anger and despair
-Keep my mouth CLOSED to snide, negative and fleeting thoughts of disallusion
-CLOSE my eyes and Reflect

Often when I CLOSE and REFLECT..

I am later able to OPEN and be REFRESHED

-I am more OPEN to the day God has chosen for me
-I can OPEN my heart to others
-I am OPEN to His will
-I can OPEN my eyes in the morning to the sweet sound of life that dwells our home
-I can OPEN a book or my computer when time allows,, and not when I think I deserve to
-I OPEN God's Word with and OPEN heart and Reflect and come away REFRESHED

Do you ever feel the daily grind is weighing on you heavily?
Do not let your mind and heart think that chaos is what God has planned for you...
It is NOT.
Give Him your load of worry, fear, or the race of life that you are living.

CLOSE your eyes and Reflect on what is really important in this very moment of your day.

With prayer and thanksgiving  - Give Him the moments. 
They are HIS any ways.. right?

ClOSE and REFLECT
OPEN and REFRESH

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At January 25, 2011 at 12:14 AM , Blogger Caroline said...

    Beautiful post , so true. I know as a very busy Mom & wife I need to do this.

     
  • At January 25, 2011 at 7:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thank you September! I really needed to read this today. I need to remember to do this as often as possible. Sometimes I get so caught up with our busy lives that I miss the small little things in life that really count.

     
  • At January 25, 2011 at 11:50 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    Great post, September. Thanks!

     
  • At January 26, 2011 at 11:37 AM , Blogger Kami said...

    I really needed this today. Thank you for sharing!

    I think of you often and wish I had more time to connect. Know that you're in my prayers and that I'm sending much love your way as you prepare for another beautiful baby!

    Love you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home