One September Day

Friday, January 7, 2011

Books with Character for Kids- GREAT!

We own a lot of books... some of them we read once, and some are on our "favorite to read more than once" list!
If you have the desire to give your child a book of meaning- one with true character lessons, and grit...
then try the two books I share here:


For the special young lady you may want to share a Book with special meaning:

The Princess and the Kiss




A loving king and queen present their daughter with a gift from God - her first kiss - to keep or to give away. The wise girl waits for the man who is worthy of her precious gift. Where is he and how will she ever find him? The surprising answer in this marvelous parable will touch the heart of parent and child alike.The Princess and the Kiss beautifully portrays the ageless message that "love... comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith" (1 Timothy 1:5 NIV)



For that special young gentlemen that you wish to share a gift of a lifetime:

The Squire and the Scroll
This captivating adventure follows a young squire who travels a long, dangerous road beside his brave knight, on a quest for their king. The action builds until the final face-off with the monstrous, evil dragon. Only then does the squire learn of the secret beyond the cave that ends in a joyous celebration for the entire kingdom.Children will gain valuable insight as they learn, along with the young squire, what it means to face the dangers of temptation, and what it takes to guard one's heart from all that is impure.
 
 
Have you read this books to your children?  Let me know what YOUR thoughts on these two books are... I would love to hear from you!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At January 7, 2011 at 6:00 PM , Blogger cooperkelly4 said...

    we received these as a gift this summer and they are favorites here! They came with an audio cd and the kids love both of the books. I love the lessons they are teaching. Hubby and I waited until the minister said "I now pronounce you husband and wife" to have our first kiss and this book is such a sweet way of teaching a child to cherish that first kiss and that it is a gift. My kids love both of them. =0) Did you know that they have a little study-type pages, etc. on the author's site that you can download for the kids. (that we have not done, but I did see that. =0) I even blogged about it!http://lovinglifeslittlemoments.blogspot.com/2010/08/vigilant-wives-my-new-favorite-kids.html
    definitely a favorite here. =0)

     
  • At January 7, 2011 at 8:21 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    Those sound like great books! Thanks for sharing!

     
  • At January 12, 2011 at 6:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I just ordered The Princess and the Kiss and received it in the mail yesterday (I found out about these books because our pastor read The Three Gifts of Christmas to the kids in the congregation last year).

    I read our new book to the kids last night. They sat still and listened, more than they have for some of the other books we have.

    I asked my five year old if she liked it, her response was, "That was the most lovely story mom." Good book review, I'd say.

    I haven't read the squire and the scroll, but I may just have to get it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home