One September Day

Monday, January 10, 2011

Mother of the Year Tip #2- Share!

So, It has been said that... Motherhood is boring, confining, restricting, and old-fashioned... I would love for you to visit my home for a day...
I can guarantee that you wouldn't be bored, confined, restricted in any way, and we are certainly not old-fashioned here..
I mean, truly,, My kids are doing puzzles, schooling, snacking, running in circles, washing dishes, doing algebra, practicing violin, flute, piano, and voice, and I am navigating all the same...
Nope.. not bored,....

It is Monday,... again.. and I am passing on the Mother of The Year Award to YOU!
So, as before, we will share our tips and tricks of Motherhood, and pass them on to others.

Leave your Tips below on the comment section, and we can all glean from your experiences.

Mother Of the Year Tip #2-

Don't be afraid to teach your children manners.  What they learn before they are FIVE, becomes a HUGE part of whom they become.
For younger children... it is never too early to teach them how to hold their silverware properly,, or say, "please & thank you."  How about not interrupting?  Use an approach for you and your children that help them know when you are talking, and how to get your attention with OUT interrupting.

Take advantage of the tips shared here... and share yours as well.. I am taking notes.. for I still have a LOT to learn.

Blessings to you Moms!



Fun by the Sea!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At January 10, 2011 at 1:51 PM , Blogger Michelle G said...

    KNOW what you believe to be respectful behavior and stick to it.
    We teach our children to say "yes mam and no mam, yes sir and no sir" this one simple thing along with having them be respectful and call adults by "Miss or Mrs....and Mister" has been the biggest struggle for our family! - Not with our children but with others who "INSIST" that it is "ridiculous" for our children to do so and ask time and time again for them to just "call us by our first names" or "don't bother to say yes mam to me".
    We don't mind when others have different beliefs when it comes to that....but it feels as though they're undermining us when they say such things to our children. :)
    That's my advice :) Know what you believe in and stick to it no matter what the world says :)
    M

     
  • At January 10, 2011 at 4:35 PM , Blogger Caroline said...

    I teach my children at a young age too. Please and Thank you are important. My Carly is 20 months and no matter who gives her what she says Thank you Mom.
    I also teach my children to call the person Mr or Mrs no matter what the person says. That's the way I was taught.
    Great post

     
  • At January 10, 2011 at 10:30 PM , Blogger Angela said...

    You definitely make a good point about the importance of teaching kids while they are young! We are dealing with interrupting in our family right now. We are teaching our kids to quietly touch our hands when we are talking to another person and they need to say something. We then respond as soon as is appropriate. This teaches our kids to be polite and considerate of other conversations but also lets them know that we are still available to them when they need us.

     
  • At January 10, 2011 at 10:44 PM , Blogger cooperkelly4 said...

    let your yes be yes, and your no be no. If the answer to the request was no, stick with your answer (lol, so I guess another tip would be to wait and listen for the Lord's prodding BEFORE you answer yes/no) =0)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home