One September Day

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Crockpot Oatmeal- Set and Sleep

We love Oatmeal.
I love it with a variety of special ingredients added in the morning.,.
Sometimes, I will add blueberries..
Sometimes maple syrup...
But my favorite is FRESH Strawberries!
ohhh.. the list could be endless...



Here is a Sure to please easy recipe for Busy moms, larger families, or the frugal time saver!

Crock - Pot Oatmeal
( Note: This will be creamier than oatmeal cooked over direct heat)

Amount: Makes 4 cups ( 6-8 servings)  Adjust if necessary
1.) Grease inside of crock - pot up to water level with 1 teaspoon butter
2.)Add: 4 cups water ( room temp.)
2 cups Rolled Oats ( as Old Fashioned Quaker Oats)
1 teaspoon salt

3.) Cover, turn on low, and Cook overnight  OR 8-9 hours.
4.) A few minutes before serving add desired ingredients:
Cinnamon, blueberries, strawberries, etc.

WHALA!  That was easy! 

Interesting Oatmeal Facts:
From ONE Serving of Oatmeal ( 2/3 cup)..
You will receive:
5g. Protein
100 calories
2.7 g fiber
and it costs $.07 a serving!

What is your favorite Oatmeal Stir- in?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At January 20, 2011 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Janet Rose said...

    I cannot wait to use this recipe when I have company to help me eat it! I'm cooking for a large group, too, this summer, so this will definitely come in handy then, too.
    My favorite stir in is cinnamon and raisins. Yummy!

     
  • At January 21, 2011 at 12:22 AM , Blogger cooperkelly4 said...

    I am trying this tonight. I usually make ours with half milk and half water. we are fans of cinnamon, butter and a little bit of brown sugar. Usually we mix in either blueberries, raisins, or every once in awhile choc chips!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home