One September Day

Thursday, February 3, 2011

UPDATED: DIY Natural Cleaner Recipes

UPDATED:

Winter here gives me more time to try some new Recipes,, and one of the areas that I am always trying to make changes is freeing our home from chemicals,, whether thru our foods, our cleaners, or our environment...

The last thing I want my children cleaning with is a chemical that is being absorbed into their skin, and going to affect their health now, and in the future...

It takes baby steps to come to a home that is full of the goodness we want it to be, and so this small change can be considered another Baby Step in that direction.

Here is a Recipe I came across for Floor and Counter Cleaner.  The use of this in a spray bottle makes it even more easy for your children to help you with the tasks at hand.

Natural Cleaner for your Home
Recipe adapted from The Naturally Clean Home Karyn Siegel-Maier

1 gallon hot water
2 tablespoons liquid castile soap
15-20 drops sweet orange essential oil
8-10 drops lemon essential oil
Pour soap and essential oils into a large container (can divide between two half gallon jars). Fill with hot water.
Pour some into a spray bottle to keep for cleaning the counter tops.
Does not need to be rinsed off.


Here is a Wonderful Natural Recipe for Air Freshener for your home.. Kitchen, Bathrooms, etc.
  Homemade Air Freshener
1 cup water
4 teaspoons baking soda
2 tablespoons white vinegar
10 drops lavender oil (or other essential oil)

Directions
1. Mix vinegar and baking soda until foaming stops. 
2. Add essential oil and then the water.
3. Shake well to combine.  

I prefer sweet Orange Oil ,, but a Lavender is a calming effect in this spray.
If it is the Holidays, or perhaps you would prefer year-round.. Cinnamon or Eucalyptus Oil is a nice change.

I purchase my Natural products for creating my cleaners, and other remedies here :
You will love their products~  http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/

For more recipes like this, you will want to visit this fabulous blog here:   Frugal Granola

Try this... you won't regret finding new ways to eliminate toxins in your home.
NOW,,,
If there was a secret to keeping my little ones clean all the time, I might consider trying that too..
Then, I wouldn't be finding this:



Blessings!

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At February 3, 2011 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Pencils?! lol or maybe pulling out the middles to the pens. Mine do the same thing-or markers-even the so called washable ones don't always come off all the way-if you find the answer let me know.
    Hope you have a blessed day.
    Jill

     
  • At February 3, 2011 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

    I will have to try this. I have a new group of littles taking over many of the cleaning chores and I just hate all those chemicals! Thanks

    Relentlessly pursuing and praying ;-)

    Michelle

     
  • At February 3, 2011 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Jenilee said...

    love the pen! oh, we get that here too. not so much anymore, but they sure did that with markers or pens when they had the chance! :)

    I want to try the room spray! thanks for the recipe

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home